"Preserving special places for plants wildlife and the enjoyment of present and future generations"
This area has been heavily disturbed over almost three centuries by wood harvesting and fires. The most recent harvest, mostly pine, was in the late 1990’s before the land was sold to PATCO. And the last fire through here was in 1957. This property is home to two very rare, natural communities that are dependent upon fire for their renewal and persistence.